The Industry Leader in Green Initiatives with the Most Technologically Advanced Fleet Available
MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Swift Transportation actively recruits college graduates with Business or Logistics degrees. In January 2001, our Management Development Program was implemented at Corporate Headquarters in Phoenix, AZ. It has continued to grow and expand to six terminal locations across the United States with approximately 30 trainees hired annually.
Swift Transportation provides many exciting opportunities for individuals interested in a career in transportation. Most of our trainees have moved on to higher level positions within Swift and are developing into our future leaders.
The purpose of our Management Trainee Program is to recruit and train our future mid-level managers who will continue to have the opportunity to grow. Our program consists of a year-long diversified training schedule. Acceptance into the Management Trainee Program requires candidates to meet the following criteria:
- A four-year college degree from an accredited university
- A minimum GPA of 2.7
- Ability to manage and communicate well with others
- Leadership experiences are a plus
- PC computer and general keyboarding skills
- Ability to relocate
- Management Trainees are assigned to spend four months in the three main areas of our business: Customer Service, Planning and Driver Management.
- Management Trainees will receive some additional training in other areas including: Sales, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Safety and the Shop.
- Upon completion of the program, Management Trainees will work closely with their immediate Supervisor and Human Resources to secure a position.
- Management Trainees must be flexible in relocation upon completion. Swift will consider your location preferences and make every effort to place you in an area you prefer.
If you are interested in applying for this program, please look for current openings by clicking here: “Non-Driver Careers” (The positions will be listed in Phoenix.)